Following is a summary of work done during previous consulting and contracting engagements
For Salesforce/Mulesoft, I provided performance and design-related reviewing and mentoring and hands-on code contributions to a small team building a Java/Eclipse-based IDE for their ESB platform.
Bravi (2014, 2017/10-2020/05)
For Bravi, a Brazilian custom software outsourcing company: I prototyped development tools for rapid development, acted as a temporary architect, technical lead and back-end developer for new projects, as well in the hiring process for technical roles, and as a technical consultant for business development. In the past, we have also built DSL tooling (using Xtext) that improved quality and productivity when authoring e-learning material (2014).
For Genologics, which produces Clarity, a Lab Information Management System (LIMS), we have:
- refactored an autonomous agent application from a proprietary binary protocol to using the LIMS REST API (implementing various new endpoints to support the new use cases)
- enabled LDAP authentication for their Grails-based LIMS
- designed and implemented a standalone framework for testing the LIMS REST API
- ported a number of endpoints in the LIMS REST API to the new stack
- acted as a technical advisor/design reviewer on many features
amongst other modernization projects.
Senior Sistemas (2015-2016)
For Senior Sistemas, a major Brazilian ERP provider, we have:
- designed a domain specific language for modeling contracts in distributed applications
- built IDE tooling for developing with such language (using Xtext, Xtend, Xcore)
- developed a multi-protocol API gateway for conversion between SOAP|REST|WebSockets and a message broker
- designed and implemented a framework for Java microservices
- designed and built a local blob store service
- designed and built an architecture for integrating 3rd-party services into the platform
- acted as a technical advisor in several architectural/design discussions
For Digilab, we provided technical mentoring for a small development team on topics such as:
- object-oriented design
- automated testing
- API design
- refactoring (code and database)
- information modeling
We helped Pixeon improve efficiency by building tools that automate and help validate most repetitive and error prone tasks in the contexts of installation / upgrade / configuration of their PACS solution.